Today on the show, I’m going to focus on a topic that ALL businesses struggle with and it doesn’t matter whether you are a product-based business, a service-based business, a digital marketing or solo-preneur business.
Most businesses tend to have a product, solution or service that they are offering to a very specific type of customer. And you are solving that problem with a product or service.
Often, when I see businesses start to struggle, it’s because they’ve decided to take on a project that is outside the businesses area of expertise or zone of genius.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- How branching out and taking on projects outside your core expertise may cause your business to struggle
- Falling into the trap of offering services that are outside the scope of your core business strengths
- Understanding the path that makes the most sense for YOUR business
- What scope creep is and how to protect your business from falling into that trap
- and, will that new project you want to take on take focus away from what you are doing well already?