Do you ever think about your business from an investor’s point of view? Today on the show, Miles Lasater, a founder turned investor, shares his insights when it comes to thinking about things from a founder’s perspective as well as from an investor’s perspective regardless of where you are in your business.
As Founding Partner of Purpose Built Ventures, Miles invests in tech startups working on human wellbeing, economic opportunity and the public sphere. He has invested in and advised dozens of companies at the earliest stages including Honor, Remix, Notable Health, FreeWill, and Balto.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Miles’ backstory and how he started his first business, Higher One
- How Miles got into investing and his motivation behind it
- The best ways to fund your business idea and how to find investors
- Why it is important to align your business with the investor
- Relationships are more important than rules
- As an angel investor, what Miles looks for in a business
- and, what are the most interesting investing ideas are in the FinTech space right now
Links and resources mentioned during this episode:
CONNECT WITH ARYEH:
Apply to Work with Me