It’s easy to imagine that building a subscription business is easy. The barrier to entry is the lowest its ever been, the marketing channels are plentiful, but CAC is rising and competition is fierce. So how do you grow a subscription business? Paul Chambers has a few tricks up his sleeve and knows the strategy to not only sustain, but GROW! Paul Chambers is on the show today to talk about, lessons from the trenches of a subscription business.
Paul Chambers is the co-founder and CEO of the Subscription Trade Association (SUBTA), as well as, many other companies over the years. He has extensive expertise in the subscription economy and digital marketing, dating back more than two decades.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- How Paul got into the subscription industry and their first subscription box
- Creating the First Subscription Box Conference and lessons learned along the way
- What is the reasonable net margin for a subscription box company
- What are the biggest drivers when it comes to scaling your subscription box business
- Subscription Trade Association Goal; bringing people together
- Trends and untapped markets when it comes to box subscriptions
Links and resources mentioned during this episode:
- Connect with Paul on his website, and Instagram
- Join his free membership at Subscription Trade Association