Connections are key. This is especially true when it comes to networking, developing a following, or creating a brand. In this episode, I have the pleasure of speaking with Travis Chappell, founder of Guestio and the Build Your Network podcast. While reaching out to people is inherently fraught with rejection, it is how businesses receive new clients and how podcasts book guests. Travis has spent years creating intentional and thoughtful relationships and he shares a few basic networking principles with us today, along with the story of how he got started.
The Build Your Network podcast is a Top 25 Business podcast focused on helping entrepreneurs develop strategic and meaningful relationships. With over 630 episodes, it is a well established fixture of the podcast scene. From handing out soul-winning pamphlets for his religious community to perfecting the art of the cold call as a door-to-door salesman, Travis started reaching out to make connections early in life. Now with years of experience and two successful enterprises under his belt, he has turned that well-honed skill into a lucrative business.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Name dropping works. When you’re networking and setting up interviews, you just need one well-connected person to give you a chance. This will open up the door to new contacts within the same industry.
- Travis’ new business, Guestio. A marketplace platform that connects podcasters, bloggers, and other content creators with the guests they need for their business.
- Minimum Viable Products. Keeping your apps simple upon startup will save you time and money.
- How focusing on credibility and authority when you’re building your brand will generate loyal listeners.
Links and resources mentioned during this episode:
- Visit the Travis Chappell website
- Connect with Travis on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Listen to Travis on the Build Your Network Podcast
- Get a free account and book guests and interviews using Guestio
CONNECT WITH ARYEH:
Apply to Work with Me
Apply for my, Investment for Wealth Coaching Program, Solution Advisory
Follow me on Instagram