Today I am joined by Ralph Peterson. Ralph is the owner and founder of Ralph Peterson Management Services and he is a consultant who deals with a lot of different businesses, teaching people how to be managers and how to manage employees. In our conversation today, you will find a lot of important takeaways you can start applying in your business, regardless of the type of business you are in.
Ralph helps mission driven organizations dramatically increase profitability, improve efficiency and grow their companies by building Five-Star leadership teams through management consulting and coaching services. He has more than 20 years of experience in the Long-Term Care industry primarily working in Housekeeping, Laundry and Dietary departments. His approach to leadership and management development is smart, funny, honest and applicable across all industries.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- How Ralph got into management and how his career progressed over time
- Where to start looking for solutions when it comes to management problems in a business or in a company
- What makes a good manager and the number one advice for management teams
- The Golden Rules of Management and why they are completely wrong
- Importance of the Golden Hour of the Day and what you can learn from it
- How to deal with the difficulty of writing up an employee, as a manager
- and, investing money in your management team and why education is key