Today I had the pleasure of speaking with Carson Tate, the founder and managing partner of Working Simply and the author of Work Simply and Own It, Love It, Make It Work. Carson is a business coach and consultant and works with executives all over the country to help them and their employees be more productive while finding purpose and fulfillment in their work.
In this conversation, Carson shared the importance of the culture of a business and why employee fulfillment is essential for a business to prosper. As business owners and team leaders, there are a number of things you can do to ensure your team members have the tools they need to succeed in their roles while still working toward your business goals. Carson shared some great tips on how to achieve this simply by considering how you communicate with your team members and by giving employees autonomy to create their own workflow systems and processes. Listening to this episode should convince you that you can value personal employee autonomy and fulfillment without compromising on the professional needs and goals of your business.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Carson’s career journey and how she started Working Simply
- Building a healthy business culture
- Why job fulfillment matters
- How to be proactive in creating a rich and fulfilling professional experience for yourself and your employees
- The benefit of personality tests
- How personal employee fulfillment can actually increase productivity
- The importance of flexible systems
- Whole brain communication with your team and why you need to implement it
- Business coaching vs. business consulting
About Carson Tate:
Carson is the founder and Managing Partner of Working Simply. In that role, she is responsible for the strategic operations of the firm. She also engages in client engagements in a consulting and coaching capacity. She is the author of Work Simply: Embracing the Power of Your Personal Productivity Style (Penguin Portfolio, 2015), and her views have been included in top-tier business media including Bloomberg Businessweek, Business Insider, CBS Money Watch, Fast Company, Forbes, Harvard Business Review blog, The New York Times, USA Today, Working Mother and more. Prior to starting Working Simply, Carson worked in Human Resources and sales functions with Fortune 200 firms. Carson holds a BA in psychology from Washington and Lee University, a Masters in Organization Development, and a Coaching Certificate from the McColl School of Business at Queens University.
Links and resources mentioned during this episode:
- Visit Carson’s website, Working Simply
- Connect with Caron on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Take the Productivity Style Assessment
CONNECT WITH ARYEH
Apply to Work with Me
Get your financial picture in focus with Future Fund
Learn more about Solution Advisory: Investment for Wealth Coaching Program
Follow me on Instagram