Regardless of your industry, there’s something for you in this episode. Today I talk with Yadin Shemmer, CEO and cofounder of Intrinsic, about his business journey from starting out in finance, selling a business, taking a business public, and his experience with acquisitions. We discuss what he learned through three different exits, an IPO, and his advice for business owners who are looking to do the same. We also discuss how to think about customers, market segments, and physical products in the ecommerce market.
Serial consumer health entrepreneur, former CEO and president at a publicly traded company, Yadin Shemmer has accelerated many types of businesses. He knows the right time to sell and boasts several successful exits. Before founding Intrinsic, Yadin spent 15 years building and running consumer health businesses and started his career in finance as both an M&A advisor and later as an investor.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Yadin’s background and journey through business
- Yadin’s process of selling his first business
- The difficulties of taking a company public
- Yadin’s work with Kleiner Perkins
- The importance of culture during acquisitions
- What is Intrinsic
- Analysis and fundraising when starting an ecommerce
- Market and evaluation gap in ecommerce
- Yadin’s predictions for the future of ecommerce
Links and resources mentioned during this episode:
- Intrinsic will buy your health & wellness brand, and grow it to have the impact you always dreamed it could.
- Connect with Yadin on LinkedIn
- Everyday Health
- Kleiner Perkins
CONNECT WITH ARYEH
Apply to Work with Me
Get your financial picture in focus with Future Fund
Learn more about Solution Advisory: Investment for Wealth Coaching Program
Follow me on Instagram